Monday, July 15, 2013

July 14

I'm obsessed with homemade ice cream.  Like for real you guys, it's a problem.  I found the BEST and easiest recipe for homemade vanilla ice cream a few weeks ago and it's seriously changed my life.  We may have made it three times in the last month.  (AND that's why Dave and I are getting up at 6:00 am and going on a jog each morning...)  Here's my adapted recipe:

2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups half and half 
14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
(Yeah, I know...bring on the fat!)
1-2 tsp vanilla (I use Mexican vanilla my in-laws brought back from Cancun)  it really does make a difference. 
1-2 Tbls honey (We like to use raspberry infused honey from Bear Lake)

Mix all ingredients.
I like to place the mixture in the refrigerator for about an hour just to get it nice and chilled.  Then, pour that yummy goodness into an ice cream maker.  It usually thickens in 20 minutes or less.  The consistency is more like soft serve ice cream.  The picture above is what it looks like if you transfer it to the freezer for an hour or so.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment