The tale of the homemade ice cream fail.
We had dinner at Adam and Beth's tonight. We were asked to bring dessert. I wanted to make homemade ice cream. I made the ice cream base (which I've done numerous times) but I made the HUGE mistake of using a different recipe this time. This recipe instructed me to blend all of the ingredients in the blender. So I did. And then I put it in the ice cream maker. And there it sat, churning and churning for 30 minutes. I came back to check on it and this is what I saw:
It doesn't look all that bad, but what you don't realize is that it is just one big tub of froth. It was more the consistency of whipped cream than ice cream. Fail.
BUT, I'm amazing and came prepared with extra ingredients so I made the base again (not using the blender this time) and this time we used Adam and Beth's ice cream maker. And after 40 minutes of churning, we had this: Ice cream soup. Fail.
After fail #2 and almost two hours later, I admitted defeat and we bought the stupid ice cream.
Sometimes the "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again" mantra doesn't work.
No comments:
Post a Comment